Friday, February 12, 2010

Be on my side, I'll be on your side...baby











there is no reason for you to hide.....down by the river...I shot my baby....down by the river...deaaaaaaaadddddddd......so singeth Neil Young, granddaddy of grunge...but I digress...
What a Fabulous Frosty February day today! So I did indeed go Down by the River today, it was a fabulous day to take some pix..and it was cool to see all the camera buffs walking about & hanging out around Johns, Staquato, Sheraton and the Bess at lunch time with all their equipment, and me with my little tiny camera. I should've had the old AE1, needed a wide angle lens. Been wanting to get a shot of Gabriel Dumont but it was two weeks ago with the sun out and the steam rising from the river that would have made a real cool shot. As it was, I had quite a chore to get close to the statue. I've left the traffic light in this pic on purpose. Made a mile or two I'm sure plus plowed through some snow... Definately helps if you remember what side of what bridge you happen to be on...even tho you know where you are, and you know where the statue is...apparently the left brain doesn't always communicate too well with the right brain...But I was glad for the lithium (batteries, that is) as the rechargeable ones can only take a few shots.

1 comment: