Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And what have you done? Another year over.....(J.L)


A new year has ushered itself in, and just realizing now that the first decade has ended, (I'm not going to get caught up in how it actually ended in 2009) I find myself questioning even more the accomplishments/goals that have not been attained. Or do I even have goals, or just some vague nebulous ideas that float around and never gain impetus.
A friend of mine just gave me a journal today to start writing down of my goals or ideas. Instead of calling her list "the bucket list" which she finds distasteful, she is calling her list 'the 50 before 50" list. Commendable. When I was her age I had just exited a marriage and one of the things I said in those next years, was, I do not want to be 50 and look back and say all I did was party with so and so. Looking back on my forties I am glad to say that did not happen (because I had to draw a line and boot that person out of my life) and those years were full of accomplishments and relationships and community.
So 3 years into my 6th decade I am again saying to myself, what will I look back and say that I have done with my life? I don't even like saying that I am in my 6th decade but facts are facts. Now good people are coming into my life who are kind and happy and a little farther on the socio-economic scale than the previous people I have attracted into my life. My friend in the picture recently called me and invited me to his art show and healing group. An exceptional young man who has his house gridded with crystals and aromatherapy oils in the paint on the walls. I'm so blessed to have good friends such as these.
But what of the Plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment