Sunday, December 13, 2009

Scarth Street Mall in Regina


One of my fave places to walk to at lunchtime back in the day when I worked in downtown Regina. Of course, in the summer it was sandals and sundresses. ( Ahh, those were the days!) Not so the day before yesterday! Although it felt fairly balmy compared to Saskatoon, it was still cold. I found myself navigating the downtown Christmas shopping traffic in rush hour and not remembering very well which streets were one way. My daughter and her man were sitting in a pub sipping a pint, so I embarked upon finding my way to the Scarth Street Mall. I don't recall the name of the pub, but I did take note of some rather good-looking suits. I'd like to take a week off in the summer and just enjoy the Queen City. Regina has such character, and although there is competition and sometimes feuding between our two fair cities, I have to say each has its own merits. Saskatoon is very pretty, and Regina has more brick and mortar, both figuratively and literally. This photo is courtesy of Guy, http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment